When it comes to spring onion/hara pyaj this is my simple yet delicious recipe.Basically I like onions in any form.Here spring onions are cooked with potatoes and other spices.
Spring onion 500 gm
Garam masala 1 tsp
Red chili pw 1 tsp
Turmeric pw 1/2 tsp
Ajwain/caraway seeds 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida 1 pinch
Oil 2 tbsp
1. Wash and cut spring onion into 1 inch pieces and peel and cut potatoes into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan/kadhai and add ajwain seeds,asafoetida.
3. Now add the veggies,salt,all the masalas and mix all the ingredients.
4. Cover it and cook on medium flame till the potatoes are done.Occasional stirring is needed.
5. Serve it with rotis or plain parathas.