Egg-Curry is another masala curry which can go very well with rice,roti,naan or anything.Here boiled and fried eggs are cooked in onion-tomato gravy with spices.
Ginger 1 inch
Garam masala 2 tsp
Coriander pw 1 tsp
Turmeric pw 1/2 tsp
Tej patta/bay leaf 1-2
Jeera/cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Kaali mirch/black peppercorns 6-7
Red chili pw 1 tsp
Oil 4-5 tbsp
Green coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Boil eggs in water till they are done.Let them cool down.
2. Remove the shells and poke them all around with a fork.
3. Make a paste of onion,ginger and garlic.
4. Heat oil in a pan and fry these eggs in it till they are golden brown.Take out and keep aside on a kitchen towel.
5. In the same oil add all the whole/khada masalas.Now add the onion-ginger-garlic paste and fry it till golden in colour.
6. Add finely chopped tomatoes,salt and all other masalas in it.Fry it till the oil begin to leave the masalas.
7. Add enough water to make gravy.Bring it to a boil.
8. Add the fried eggs in it and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
9. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Note: You can also cut the eggs in halves before adding them into the gravy.