Soya is a high resource of proteins and is considered highly beneficial for health.Apart from that it is a great supplement for growing children.For vegetarians it is a substitute for meat.Here is a recipe of soya chunks with potatoes cooked in a onion-tomato curry.I personally like this recipe very much as it is easy to cook, tasty and full of nutrient.
Soya chunks 1 cup
Potato 1 large
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tbsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Turmerc pw 1/2 tsp
Coriander pw 1 tsp
Cumin seeds/jeera 1 tsp
Asafoetida 1 pinch
Red chili pw 1 tsp
Green coriander leaves
1. Soak the soya chunks in water for 15-20 minutes.Discard the water and Squeeze the excess water off the chunks.
2. Heat oil and fry these chunks till golden in colour.Take the chunks out of oil and keep aside.
3. Now heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, asafoetida.When it begin to crackle add the chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste and fry it till golden in colour.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and all the masalas.Fry it till the oil leaves the masalas.
5. Add the chunks ,pieces of potatoes,salt and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
6. Pour some water and cover it to cook till the soya chunks are done.You can also pressure cook it for 2-3 whistles.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.