Here is an Indian bread stuffed with spicy potatoes.Liked by almost everybody and tastes awesome.It is a big hit with my family any time.
Wheat flour 2 cups
Oil/Ghee 2 tsp
Boiled potatoes 4-5 medium
Peas 2 tbsp
Onion 1 small
Cumin/jeera seeds 2 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Oil/Ghee for frying the parathas
Dry wheat flour for dusting
1. Make the dough using flour,oil,salt and water.Knead it properly so that you have soft dough.
2. Peel, mash the potatoes and mix in it the peas,chopped onions and all the other ingredients.Filling should be dry otherwise it will be difficult to roll the parathas.
3. Now make small balls from the dough and roll it in a small circle.
4. Put the stuffing on it and close it from all the sides.Gently pat it with your palm and apply dry flour on both sides and roll it again to make a paratha.
5. Heat a tava/griddle and cook this paratha on it over medium flame.Apply oil/ghee on both sides and gently press it with a spatula to make it crispy.
6. Take paratha out of tava/griddle when it is golden brown in colour.Serve it with curd/raita, pickle/chutney.