This recipe is liked by most of the Indians.Many people don't like baigans but still they are game for this dish.Here roasted baigan is cooked with onion-tomato and spices.
Eggplant/ baigan 1 big one
Onion 1 medium
Tomato 1 medium
Garlic pods 1-2
Ginger 1 inch piece
Turmeric pw 1 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Dhaniya pw 1 tsp
Chilli pw 1-2 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
1. Wash the eggplant/baigan and roast it over medium flame properly from all the sides.Let it cool and then peel off the skin and mash it.
2. Heat oil in a pan/kadhai and add chopped ginger, garlic, onions.Fry it till golden in colour.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and all the masalas.Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Now add the mashed eggplant, salt in it.Stir well and fry it for 5 minutes on medium flame.
5. Finally garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it.
Note:You can also add green peas in this recipe.