This in the first non-veg recipe on my blog.Some of my friends were waiting for this for a long time.Generally I make it on weekends but every time I forgot to take its picture.So finally I managed it and now its here.
Chicken drumsticks 5-6 pieces
Onion 3 medium
Ginger 1 inch
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Chicken masala 1 tbsp
Turmeric pw 1/2 tsp
Red chili pw 1 tsp
Bay leaf/tej patta 1-2
Black peppercorns/kaali mirch 6-7
Cinnamon stick/dalchini 1 inch
ardamom pods/hari elaichi 2-3
Oil 4 tbsp
1. Peel off skin from chicken drumsticks and wash thoroughly.Apply lemon juice and salt to these and keep them aside for 15 minutes.
2. Make a paste from 2 onions,ginger and garlic.Cut 1 onion lengthwise.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add all whole masalas.When they begin to crackle add onion pieces and fry till golden in colour.
4. Now add onion-ginger-garlic paste and fry for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add chopped tomatoes,salt and all masalas.Fry till the oil leaves the masalas.
6. Add drumsticks let it cook in this masala for 10-15 minutes on medium flame.Stir occasionally.
7. Add water to make sufficient gravy and cover it to cook till the chicken is done.
8. Enjoy it with naan or rice.
Note: In case you don't have chicken masala just use garam masala.