Pooris are every body's favourite in all over India.It is a part of prasad(offering to God) at most of the poojas and at my home it is a must in the menu for every festival also.Today I am sharing a little variant of our plain pooris.Here I have added spinach into it to make them more healthier and now look at the colour.My son liked it because of the green colour.
Palak/spinach leaves 200 gm
Atta/whole wheat flour 1 cup
1. Wash palak leaves and then grind it with a little water to make a paste.
2. Knead the dough using this palak paste,salt,1 tbsp oil and water.
3. Make small balls out of the dough and roll it in a small circle with the help of roll pin and dry flour.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai or a heavy bottom pan and deep fry the pooris.
5. Enjoy hot palak pooris with raita,achar,chutney.
Note: You can also make parathas using the same dough.