Saturday, May 9, 2009
My first attempt in cake making was quite good so thought of making chocolate cake this time and Bingo this time also it came out well.This time I used electric beater and its really very helpful.This time I became a little innovative in decoration.Hope you all like it too.
All Purpose flour - 1 cup
Cocoa pw- 2 tbsp
Powdered sugar - 1 cup
Egg - 2
Unsalted butter - 1/4 cup
Baking pw - 2 tsp
Milk - 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Salt- 1/2 tsp
1. Beat the egg very well until it becomes lighter .
2. Now mix sugar and butter together and beat them till the mixture becomes fluffy.
3. Add the beaten egg to this mixture. Mix well.
4. Now prepare a mixture of all purpose flour (maida),cocoa powder, salt ,baking powder and sieve it to avoid any lump.
5. Now gradually add this flour/maida mixture, to the batter prepared by mixing sugar, butter and eggs.As you stir the mixture, it will become dense. Add some milk in small amount to make it smooth. Keep on repeating the process of adding flour/maida and then milk as required, till batter is well blended (It should look fluffy/ soft).
6. Add Vanilla essence to the batter and again blend thoroughly.
7. Grease the baking tin (or cake tin) with butter and dust it by sprinkling flour/maida over greased surface evenly.
8. Preheat oven on 400 degree for 15 min. Now put the cake inside the oven and reduce temp to 350 degree.Bake for 15-20 minutes or till the cake is done.Put a skewer inside the cake. If the mixture will not stick on it, means that cake is done.
First let the cake cool down completely before frosting.Now put the even layer of frosting on top of cake.After that I put some grated chocolate and a cherry on it.