Poha is also known as Flattened or Beaten Rice and is a well known ingredient in Indian snacks.It is a raw form of rice and easy to digest.Here it is cooked with veggies.
Poha 2 cups
Potato 1 medium size
Onion 1 medium size
Peanuts 2-3 tbsp
Green chili 1-2
Mustard seeds 2 tsp
Turmeric pw 1 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Lemon juice 2 tsp
1. Take poha in a sieve and wash it in running water. Keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan/kadhai and fry the peanuts in it for 1-2 minutes.Take out and keep aside.
3. Now in the same oil add the mustard seeds.When it begin to splutter add chopped green chillies and onions.Fry it for 1 minute.
4. Cut the potatoes in small pieces and add it to the pan/kadhai. Also add turmeric powder and salt.Cover it and cook till the potatoes are done.
5. Now add poha, fried peanuts, salt, coriander leaves and mix well all the ingredients.Cook for 1 minute.
6. Finally add the lemon juice and its ready to eat. Serve it with green coriander chutney.
Note: You can also add vegetables of your choice in this recipe like green peas, cauliflower.