This is one of the most popular and well known chicken dish.Chicken is marinated in yogurt and tandoori masala and then roasted in a typical tandoor(clay oven).But it can be cooked in an electronic oven or grill at home.
Chicken drumsticks/leg-pieces 1 1/2 lb
Plain yogurt/dahi 2 tbsp
Ginger-garlic paste 2 tbsp
Chicken tandoori masala 2 tbsp
Red chili pw 1 tsp (Everest kashmiri lal recommended)
Mustard oil 1 tbsp
1. Remove skin from drumsticks and clean them thoroughly.
2. Prick the pieces with a fork all around and make some slots(pockets) with the help of a knife.
3. Apply a mixture of salt and lemon juice all over the pieces and marinate it for 15-20 minutes.
4. Now take a bowl and combine yogurt, ginger-garlic paste,red chili powder,tandoori masala,mustard oil.Mix well.
5. Pour the mixture over chicken and rub it into the flesh properly.Cover it and refrigerate it for 7-8 hours or overnight.
6. Now take out chicken pieces from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
7. Brush each piece with butter/oil.
8. Preheat oven at 450 degree and place the chicken pieces on a rack in a roasting tray.You can also use a grill in place of oven.
9. Pour a little marinated mixture over the pieces while roasting.Cook it for 40-45 minutes ,turning once.Time may vary depending on your oven.
10. Take the pieces out and pour some lemon juice on it.Serve it with onion rings and green coriander chutney.