Bread pakora is a popular Indian snack.Here bread-potato sandwiches are dipped in gram flour batter and deep fried in oil.This was my favourite breakfast when I was in hostel.So here is the recipe.
Bread pieces 8
Gram flour/besan 4 tbsp
Boiled Potato 3-4
Green chutney 1/2 cup
Garam masala 1 tsp
Chat masala 1 tsp
Green chili(chopped) 2-3
1. Cut off the crust of bread slices and then cut them diagonally into equal triangles.
2. Peel and mash the potatoes and mix in it salt and spices.
3. Make a batter using gram flour,salt and water.It should not be too thick or too watery.
4. Spread green chutney(here I am using mint-mango chutney) on each slice and put spoonful of potato mixture on a bread slice and cover it with other slice to make a sandwich.
5. Heat oil in a pan/kadhai.Dip these sandwiches in the batter and deep fry them till golden brown in colour.Take out on a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
6. Serve them hot with tomato sauce.
I am sending it to the event Lovely Winter Recipes hosted by Shanti Krishnakumar.