Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Recently I came to know about this event 'Tried And Tested'.This month T&T is hosted by Kits Chow.It is a food blogging event where a beautiful blog is chosen as blog of month.Meena's Hooked On Heat is the blog to be tried and tested.I must say it is a good blog and great job done by Meena.
So here is my Masala Karela recipe from her website(Hooked On Heat).In this recipe Karela(also known as bitter gourd) is cooked with onion-tomatoes and spices to give it a tangy taste.
Karela 2-3 medium
Onion 1 medium
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Garam masala 1/4 tsp
Coriander pw 1/2 tsp
Red chili pw 1/2 tsp
Dry mango pw 1/4 tsp
Turmeric pw 1/4 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
1. Wash and cut karelas in small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.Let it crackle then add chopped onions and fry till golden in colour.
3. Add turmeric powder,coriander powder,red chili powder and salt and fry it for a moment.
4. Add chopped tomatoes,ginger-garlic paste,dry mango powder and cook till the tomatoes are done.
5. Now add the karela pieces,salt and cover it to cook till the karelas are done.
6. Finally sprinkle garam masala and it is ready to serve now.