Paneer is an Indian version of cheese.It is completely vegetarian and it is a must on the palate of veggie lovers.There are lots of Indian recipes with paneer in it like shahi-paneer,matar-paneer,kadhai-paneer,paneer-pakoda,paneer-pasanda etc.Generally you can get paneer at all Indian grocery stores but the softness and taste of home made paneer is just awesome.So try to make it at home and see the difference.
Milk(Full cream) 2 lt
Lemon juice 1 1/2 tsp
1. Heat milk in a pan and bring it to a boil.
2. When boiling add the lemon juice and keep stirring.
3. Now the milk becomes to curdle and when it is fully curdled switch off the gas/stove.
4. Drain the watery whey with the help of a cotton or muslin cloth and tie a knot.Hang it for a while so that all the water comes out.
5. Now to shape it put some weight on this potli for 3-4 hours.
6. Paneer is ready to use now.Cut in small desired pieces and use it.
Note: 1. You can also use vinegar( 3 tsp) in place of lemon juice.
2. Use the water from paneer to knead the dough.