This recipe is similar to my Stuffed Tomato one , just a little bit of difference.Here capsicums are stuffed with potato filling but it can be anything like paneer(cottage cheese),Keema etc.
Capsicum/Green pepper 2
Potato 3-4 medium
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Asafoetida 1 pinch
Turmeric pw 1/2 tsp
Red chili pw 1 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Dry mango pw/amchur 1 tsp
1. Boil potatoes and then peel and roughly mash them.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds,asafoetida.When it begin to crackle add chopped onions and fry till golden in colour.
3. Now add mashed potatoes,salt and all the spices.Mix the ingredients well and heat it for 1-2 minutes.
4. Take the capsicums and with a knife cut the stem of the capsicum and take out seeds gently.
5. Fill the potato mixture inside the capsicums.Press it down so that the mixture goes well inside and full it till top.
6. Heat oil in a pan and place these capsicums in it.Cook on medium flame till the capsicums are done and meanwhile gently turn them so that they are cooked properly from all sides.
Note: You can also bake the capsicums in oven at 350 degree for 20-25 minutes. Preheat the oven and oil the capsicums before placing them in oven.
I am sending this recipe to the event JFI: Chili hosted by Vysh and originally started by Mahanandi.