Vegetable pakodas are dumplings made from veggies coated with gram flour batter.This is a perfect snack for a rainy day with a piping hot cup of tea.
Cauliflower florets 1 cup
Gram flour/besan 1 cup
Coriander pw 1 tsp
Red chili pw 1 tsp
Oil for frying (Canola oil recommended)
1. Peel,wash the potatoes and cut thin slices from it.
2. Cut onion lengthwise.Divide big cauliflower florets into small ones.
3. Make a smooth batter of besan,salt,coriander powder,red chili powder and water.It should not be too thick or too watery.
4. Add the veggies in this batter and coat them properly.
5. Heat oil and pour the veggies in it.Deep fry till done.Remove and place on a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
6. Serve hot pakodas with green chutney or tomato ketchup/sauce.
I am sending it to the event Lovely Winter Recipes hosted by Shanti Krishnakumar.