Here is a well known combo of Poori with aloo sabzi.Pooris are Indian deep fried puffed wheat bread and it tastes great with this potato curry.You can have it in breakfast , lunch or dinner.All my family members just love it so here is the recipe
Wheat flour 2 cups
Oil 2 tbsp
Coriander pw 2 tsp
Turmeric pw1/2 tsp
Garam Masala 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida 1 pinch
Green Coriander leaves
Oil 2 tbsp
1. For pooris make a hard dough out of wheat flour,salt,oil and water.Knead well and cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside for 20 minutes.
2. Divide this dough into equal lemon size small balls.
3. Roll these balls into thin round shape pooris with the help of a rolling pin.
4. Deep fry these pooris in hot oil for nearly a minute .Turn it and gently pat it with a spatula to make them fluffy and golden.Take out on a kitchen paper towel.
5. To make the sabzi boil and peel potatoes and roughly crush them into pieces with your hands(do not mash).
6. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds,asafoetida.Let the seeds crackle.Now add chopped tomatoes,salt and all spices.Fry till the oil leaves the masalas.
7. Add crushed potatoes and mix it.Fry for 1-2 minutes and then add some water.Bring it to a boil and cook for another minute.Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
8. Serve hot and fluffy pooris with aloo sabzi.