In this recipe paneer and peas are cooked together into a delicious onion-tomato gravy.I used home made paneer here.I have already posted the recipe of How to made Paneer at home.
Paneer 250 gm
Peas 1 cup
Onion 2 medium
Ginger-garlic paste 2 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida 1 pinch
Garam masala 1 tsp
Coriander pw 1 tsp
Turmeric pw 1/2 tsp
Red chili pw 1/2 tsp
Oil 3 tbsp
1. Cut paneer into small cubes.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry these paneer cubes till golden in colour.Take out and keep aside on a kitchen towel.
3. Now heat remaining oil and add cumin seeds,asafoetida.When it begin to crackle add finely chopped onions and fry till golden in colour.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add finely chopped tomatoes,coriander powder,turmeric powder,red chili powder,salt and fry till the tomatoes are done.
6. Add peas,little water and cover it to cook till the peas are done.
7. Finally add the fried paneer pieces and garam masala.Toss it gently and cook for 1 more minute.garnish with grated paneer and chopped green coriander.