Pav-bhaji is a famous Indian snack originally from Maharashtra state.Pavs are bread/buns and bhaji is vegetable curry.It is my all time favourite snack.There is a special blend of spices called pav-bhaji masala is added to give it a nice flavour and aroma.
Potato boiled 3-4 medium
Mix-Veggies(Peas,Capsicum,cauliflower,Beans,Carrot) 1 cup
Pav-Bhaji masala 1 1/2 tbsp
Red chili pw 1 tsp
Turmeric pw 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Chopped coriander leaves
1. Pressure cook all the veggies with a little water.Drain the water and mash the veggies coarsely.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions.Fry till golden in colour.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 1-2 minutes.
4. Now add chopped tomatoes and pav-bhaji masala,red chili powder,turmeric powder and fry till the oil leaves the masalas.
5. Add potatoes and veggies, salt and mash all things together with the spatula.Cook for 5 more minutes, add a little water if it is getting dry.
6. Pour some butter on it.Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice.
7. Apply some butter on pavs/buns and place them over a hot frying pan.Heat them till golden on both sides.
8. Finally serve hot pavs,bhaji with onion rings and lemon wedges.