Lobhiya is the hindi name of Black-eyed beans/pea .It is an excellent source of calcium,folate and vitamin A among other nutrients.I am sharing this very healthy chaat recipe which is very easy to make and tastes superb.
Lobhiya 1 cup
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Asafoetida 1 pinch
Chaat masala 1 tsp
Green chili 1-2
Green coriander leaves
Oil 1 tbsp
1. Pressure cook lobhiya with water and salt in it or you can soak the beans in water overnight and then boil them in fresh water to cook.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds,asafoetida.Let them crackle.
3. Add chopped green chillis,onions in it and fry till golden in colour.
4. Now add the boiled lobhiya,chaat masala,salt and cook for 1-2 minutes.Pour lemon juice in it and mix well.
5. Cut cucumber,tomatoes in very small pieces.
6. Now in a serving dish take the lobhiya and add cucumber,tomato pieces and chopped green coriander leaves on it.It is ready to serve.
Note: You can also make gravy based lobhiya-masala curry as I made rajma-masala.
I am sending this recipe to the event MY Legume Love Affair: Twelfth Helping hosted by Annarasa and originally started by Susan. Reposting it to send to the event Sunday Snacks-Spill The Beans hosted by Priya of Akshayapaatram.