This is a simple and tasty snack and can be ready in no time.Here vermicelli is cooked with veggies so it is healthy too.It was a regular part of the weekend breakfast during my growing up years.
Vermicelli 1 1/2 cup
Peas 1/4 cup
Green chili 1
Cumin seed 1 tsp
Asafoetida 1 pinch
Turmeric pw 1 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the vermicelli till golden brown in colour.Take out and keep aside.
2. Now again heat 1 tbsp oil and add Cumin seeds, asafoetida,chopped green chili.Add chopped onions and fry them till golden .
3. Add small pieces of potatoes and peas in it.Further add salt,turmeric powder and cover it to cook on medium flame till the potatoes are almost done.
4. Now add the vermicelli,salt and 2 1/2 cups of water.Allow it to cook till the water evaporates and it becomes tender.
5. Finally pour 1-2 tbsp ghee on it and serve hot.
Note: You can also add cabbage to it.