Malai Kofta is the most popular paneer dish which is liked by all.I made it first time on my son's request.I was not sure about the outcome but to my surprise it was superb.Just like the restaurant taste,so all's well that end's well.Along with paneer I used boiled potatoes and mix veggies to make the koftas.It goes very well with any kind of stuffed naan,parathas or jeera rice.
Paneer (grated) 1 cup
Potatos (boiled and grated) 1 cup
Mix vegetables (boiled) 1 cup (I used Carrots,peas,beans,cauliflower)
Corn starch for coating
Coriander pw 1 tbsp
Cumin pw 1 tbsp
Red chili pw 1 tbsp
Oil for frying
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Coriander pw 1 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Milk 1/2 cup
Cashewnuts pw 2 tbsp
Green coriander leaves chopped
Oil 3 tbsp
1. Take out the excess water from the boiled veggies by squeezing it in a muslin cloth.Crush the veggies roughly.
2. Add grated paneer,potatoes,veggies,coriander powder,cumin powder,red chili powder and salt.Mix all the ingredients properly to make a smooth mixture.
3. Make small balls from this mixture and put a raisin inside each ball and make oval shape.
4. Coat these balls in the corn starch and deep fry them in oil.Take out the koftas and place them on a kitchen towel.
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add the chopped onions,salt and fry till golden.
6. Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry it for another 1-2 minutes.
7. Add chopped tomatoes,coriander powder and fry till the tomatoes are cooked.
8. Take this in a blender and grind to make a paste.
9. Now heat 1 tbsp oil and add cumin seeds in it.When it begin to crackle add this paste and fry for 2 minutes.Now add 1 cup warm water.Bring it to a boil.
10. Add milk in it and again bring it to boil and add cashew powder.
11. Finally add the koftas in this gravy and let them cook for a minute.Gently turn the koftas.
12. Sprinkle chopped green coriander and grated paneer on it and serve immediately.