Shami Kebabs are patties made of minced/grounded meat,chickpeas(ground) and spices.It is an extremely famous snack in India.
Minced Meat(lamd/goat/turkey) 1 lb
Onion 1 small
Ginger 1 inch piece
Garlic 2-3 cloves
Green Chili 1-2
Chana Dal 1/2 Cup
Garam Masala 1 tsp
Mint Leaves(chopped) 2 tbsp
Green Coriander Leaves (chopped) 2 tbsp
Red chili pw 1/2 tsp
1. In a pressure cooker heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add chopped onion,green chili.Fry till the onions are golden in colour.
2. Add chopped ginger,garlic and fry it for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add chopped mint,coriander leaves and give it a stir.Now add minced meat,salt,chana dal and 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water.Pressure cook it till the meat it tender.Allow it to cool.
4. Now blend this meat mixture in a blender to make a fine paste.Do not add water to this.
5. Take this mixture into a bowl and add garam masala,red chili powder.Mix all the ingreidents thoroughly.
6. Make small patties out of this mixture applying little oil in your hands.
7. Now take the egg into a bowl and whisk it.Dip these patties into egg liquid and shallow fry these patties into a nonstick pan from both sides.
8. Serve hot with mint/coriander chutney,onion rings and lemon wedges.
Note: 1. You can use besan in place of chana dal.
2. Mix bread crumbs into the meat mixture if it is little watery and keep refrigrated for 20-30 minutes before making patties.