Here comes a recipe, from the state of Maharashtra,which is very hot.In this recipe big green chillies/peppers are stuffed with besan/gram flour,spices and then cooked.
Big Green Chillies/Peppers/Jalapenos 5-6
Besan/Gram Flour 3/4 cup
Coriander pw 1/4 tsp
Cumin pw 1/4 tsp
Saunf/fennel pw 1/4 tsp
Green coriander leaves(chopped) 2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida 1 pinch
1. First of all wash the peppers then slit them along the length side.Let the stems remain and deseed them(to reduce the hotness).
2. In a bowl add besan,cumin powder,coriander powder,saunf powder,salt,chopped coriander leaves,1-2 tablespoon oil(to hold the mixture together) and mix the ingredients together.
3. Fill the peppers with this stuffing.
4. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan/kadhai and add mustard seeds,asafoetida in it.Let the seeds crackle.
5. Add peppers, a very little salt to this.Give it a stir.Now cover and cook(stirring occasionally) them on low heat till the peppers are done.
6. These stuffed peppers can be served as main/side dish with roti/chapati.