This Fish curry is inspired by an Andhra recipe called Deccan Fish Curry.I changed it a little bit to give it my touch.It's the first time I tried it and the outcome was great.So sharing it with you all.
Fish(Red Snapper or trout) 10 oz
Onion 2 Medium
Ginger-garlic paste 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds 1/4 tsp
Yellow Mustard Seeds(grounded) 1 tsp
Turmeric pw 1/4 tsp
Red Chili pw 1 tsp
Tamarind Pulp 1 tbsp
Green coriander leaves
Mustard Oil 3 tbsp
1. Cut the fish into 2 inch pieces.Mix together the ginger-garlic paste,salt,turmeric powder and red chili powder.Gently rub this mixture into the fish and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
2. Soak the tamarind pulp in warm water for 15 minutes, then strain through a fine strainer.
3.Heat oil in a pan and add cumin and mustard seeds.Let the seeds crackle.
4. Add finely sliced onions and fry till golden in colour.
5. At this point add the marinated fish pieces.Fry lighlty turning once.
6. Add tamarind liquid and simmer gently for 3-5 minutes until the fish is cooked.
7. Sprinkle chopped corinader leaves and serve hot with Indian bread or steamed rice.