Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Prawn Masala Curry
Today I am posting this recipe which was pending for a long time.My hubby is a big fan of non-veg but I don't know many varieties.This time he asked for prawns so I googled and found
this recipe which is very simple to make and tastes superb.Prawns are very healthy as they contain lots of Vitamin B(boosts immunity),low in fat,rich in Protein,Zinc,Iron and Omega 3 fatty acids.
Prawns 500 gm
Onion 2 Medium
Tomato 3 Medium
Ginger-garlic paste 1 1/2 tsp
Green Chili 1-2
Tomato Paste 1 tbsp
Garam Masala 1/2 tsp
Coriander pw 1 tsp
Turmeric pw 1/2 tsp
Cumin pw 1 tsp
Cinnamon Stick 1-2
Green Cardamoms 2-3
Oil 3 tbsp
Green Coriander leaves
1. Clean the prawns by removing their shell and tail parts .Make a slit with knife at the back along lengthwise so that masala will get inside the prawns properly.Rinse them thoroughly.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the whole spices in it.Fry them in oil for a few seconds then add finely chopped onions,green chillies and fry till they are lightly golden in colour.
3. Now add ginger-garlic paste and fry for some time.
4. At this point add all the spices and fry for 5 minutes.Add finely chopped tomatoes and mix all the ingredients together.
5. Now add tomato paste and give it a stir.Add some water and cook it for some time.
6. Cover the pan and slow the flame.Cook till the oil separates the spices.
7. Add the prawns ,salt in the pan.To make the gravy add some water and give it a stir.Cover the pan again and let it cook till the prawns are done.
8. Finally garnish it with chopped green coriander leaves and serve hot with naan/roti/rice.