Whenever it comes to Rajma/red kidney beans I always have rajma masala or dal-makhani in my mind.This time I thought to make something different and finally I ended up with these rajma patties.I used carrots and peas along with red kidney beans to make them super healthy.
Rajma/Red Kidney Beans 1 cup
Boiled Potato 1 small
Carrot(grated) 1/2 cup
Ginger-garlic Paste 1 tsp
Green Peas 1/4 cup
Corn Flour 2-3 tbsp
1. Soak rajma overnight and then pressure cook till done or you can use canned one.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and add ginger-garlic paste and fry till golden in colour.
3. Now add grated carrots,peas,salt and cook till the veggies are done.
4. Add this point add mashed rajma,potato and mix all the ingredients together.Cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Let the mixture cool down a bit and then add 1 tablespoon of corn flour in it.Take handful of this mixture and shape like a patty.
6. Make a batter of corn flour, water and dip this patty in this batter and then coat evenly with bread crumbs.Repeat the process to make all the patties.
7. Now fry these patties in a non-stick pan using little oil from both the sides till done.
8. Serve hot with your favourite sauce or use it to make a burger.
Sending this as my entry to the event MLLA: 18th Helping hosted by Srivalli and originally started by Susan.
Also sending it to BSI :Kidney Beans hosted by Sandhya's Kitchen and originally started by My Bizzy Kitchen.