Firstly wishing you all my friends and well wishers a very happy new year 2010.May all your wishes and dreams come true in this year.To start this new year I am sharing this kheer recipe with you all which I made for our new year get-together and it was a great HIT.
Basmati rice(cooked) 1 1/2 cup
Milk 3 cup
Evaporated Milk 1 can(12 ounce)
Sugar 3/4 cup
Raisins 2 tbsp
Saffron (Few strands) (Optional)
Coconut (grated) 3-4 tbsp
Heavy Cream 2 tbsp (Optional)
1. Combine the rice and milk in a large microwave-safe bowl.Microwave it uncovered on HIGH heat for 12 minutes.Remove and give it a stir,scraping down the sides.
2. Now put it back in and repeat step 1.
3. Cook once more on HIGH heat for 5 minutes.
4. Take out and give it a quick stir.Add the evaporated milk,sugar in it.Cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
5. Stir,scrape again then add the raisins,coconut,saffron in it.
6. Take out the seeds from the cardamom and powder them using a mortar and pestle or your rolling pin.Also roughly chop the almonds in a processor/mortar-pestle.
7. Add cardamom powder and chopped almonds in the kheer along with heavy cream.
8. Chill this kheer in your fridge for 2-3 hours before serving.