This is a dry sabzi/veggie made of radish leaves which is very healthy and easy to cook.Radish leaves contain Calcium,Phosphores,Vitamin C and Protein.I have seen two ways to make this.At my in-laws place the chopped leaves are cooked directly using oil and garlic but my mother makes it slightly differently.So here is the recipe which I got from my mother.
Radish Leaves 1 Big bunch
Onion 1 small
Carom Seeds/Ajwain 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida 1 pinch
Turmeric pw 1/2 tsp
Red Chili pw 1/2 tsp
Mustard Oil 2 tbsp
1. Wash and chop the radish leaves.Peel,wash and cut radish in small pieces.
2. Pressure cook these leaves and radish in half cup of water.
3. Take out and let them cool down.Now squeeze the water from these leaves pressing between your palms(you can use this water for dal or kneading dough).
4. Heat oil in a pan/kadhayi and add carom seeds,asafoetida in it.
5. Add chopped onions and fry it till golden in colour.Now add turmeric and chili powder in it.
6. At this point add the boiled leaves,radish,salt and mix well.Let it cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
7. Serve it hot with roti/chapati.