When it comes to parathas( kind of Indian bread) I am always game.We use methi(fenugreek) as an herb and as a spice.It has a nice aroma and is very healthy as the green leaves contain Potassium,Calcium and Iron.They are rich in fiber and also contain Vitamin C and K.So try and enjoy these yummy parathas keeping all these good things in mind.So eat healthy and stay healthy.
Methi/Fenugreek Leaves 1 bunch
Atta/Whole wheat flour 2 cups
Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
Green Chili 1-2
1. Wash and finely chop the methi leaves.
2. In a big bowl take flour,chopped leaves,chopped green chillies,salt,cumin seeds and mix all these with your hands.
3. Now knead this into a medium-soft dough using little water at a time.Keep aside for 20-25 minutes.
4. Make balls little bigger than you make for roti/chapati.Roll it into a small circle using dry flour.Apply little oil on it and fold it along the diameter to form a semi circle.Again apply some oil and fold it to make a triangle.Roll it in a triangular paratha using dry flour.
5. Heat a tava/griddle and cook the paratha on medium flame.Apply oil on both sides and press it gently with a spatula so that it cook evenly.
6. Repeat the process to make all the parathas.Serve hot with Pickle,curd or any kind of sauce.
Sending this to the event Weekend Herb Blogging hosted by Haalo of Cook (almost) Everything.