Here comes another member of Gourd family that is narrow,soft skinned,long serpent like structure-Snake Gourd.It is also known as Chichinda in hindi.Well I don't know how many of you like it but I always admired it because of this stuffed recipe which I learn from my mom.For those who are not aware of this veggie here is a click
Snake guard 2
Ginger 2 inch piece
Garlic 4-5 pods
Turmeric pw 1/2 tsp
Red chili pw 1 tsp
Garam Masala 1 tsp
Coriander pw 1 tsp
Dry Mango pw 1/2 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
1. Peel,wash and cut snake guard into 2 inch long pieces.
2. Scoop out the seeds to make these pieces hollow.Crush the seeds and flesh and keep them aside.
3. Make a stuffing with grated onion,ginger,garlic,salt and all the masalas.Mix well.Also add in it the scooped out part.
4. Now fill each piece with that stuffing.
5. Heat oil in a pan and add these stuffed pieces.Add a little salt and any remaining stuffing.Cover it to cook on medium heat till its done.
6. Serve it with roti/chapati or as a side dish.
Note: For a quick recipe just cut the snake guard into thin rings.Heat oil in a pan and add these rings,grated onion,ginger,garlic,salt and all masalas.Cover it to cook on medium heat.
I got this A Fabulous Blog award from Renu of Renu's Kitchen.Thanks a lot Renu for considering me and thanks to all my visitors and supporters to make my blog Fabulous with their sweet and encouraging comments.