This is my second contribution for fasting recipes.For navratri I generally have this potato halwa during day time as I eat salt(sendha namak) things only at evening/night and it's very filling also.It tastes good even without any kind of dry fruits in it.
Aloo/Potato 4 large
Sugar(Powdered) 3/4 cup or as per taste
Ghee/Clarified butter 3 tbsp
Dry Fruits(Almonds,Raisins) for garnishing (optional)
1. Boil and peel potatoes.Now mash/grate them.
2. Heat ghee in a kadhayi/pan and add potatoes in it.
3. Fry these potatoes till golden in colour.Keep on stirring so that it will not stick to the bottom of the pan.
4. At this point add sugar and keep on stirring till the sugar dissolve completely.Remove it from heat when it leaves the sides of the kadhayi/pan.
5. Garnish with dry fruits and it's ready to serve.
Note: You can also use sweet potatoes instead of potatoes.
Sending this to the following events:
Kids Delight by Srivalli of Spicing Your Life,
Dussehra,Dhanteras and Deepavali by Shanti of Shanti Krishnakumar's Cook book,
WYF: Festive Treat by Suchi of Simple Indian Food,
FIL- Ghee by Sanghi of Sanghi's Food Delight.
I got these two wonderful awards from Renu of Renu's Kitchen.Thanks a lot Renu.