Thursday, October 8, 2009
If you are tired of eating plain rice everyday or you have some guests to come and you want to make something different then it is a perfect recipe.It can go with any kind of lentils/dals/curry/raita.Here basmati rice is cooked with some whole spices to give it a nice aroma and flavour.
Basmati rice 2 cups
Cumin seeds/jeera 3 tsp
Whole black peppercorns/kaali mirch 7-8
Bay Leaf 1
Cashew nuts 7-8
Oil/ghee 2 tbsp
1. Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes.Now drain it.
2. Heat ghee/oil in a pan and add cumin seeds,cloves,black peppercorns,cashews,bayleaf.Let the cumin seeds crackle.
3. Add basmati rice,salt and stir it for a few seconds.Now add 4 cups of water to it.
4. Bring it to a boil ,need to stir it once.
5. Cover it with a lid and let it cook on low heat.There should be some gap for the steam to escape.
6. Cook till the rice is fluffy and all the water is absorbed.Serve it with any dal/curry.