This is a very easy and common recipe of bhindi/okra/lady finger.Here bhindi is cooked with onions and spices.
Okra/Bhindi 500 gm
Onion 1 large
Green chili 1-2
Carom/Ajwain seeds 1 tsp
Asafoetida 1 pinch
Garam Masala 1 tsp
Coriander pw 1/2 tsp
Cumin pw 1/2 tsp
Turmeric pw 1/2 tsp
Dry Mango/Amchoor pw 1 tsp
Red chili pw 1/2 tsp
Oil 3 tbsp
1. Wash okras and drain all the water.Let them dry.Cut okra into 1/2 inch pieces and chop onion lengthwise.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add ajwain,asafoetida in it.Let the seeds crackle.
3. Add onions,chopped green chillies and fry them just for a minute.Now add okra and fry them for a couple of minutes.
4. Add all other ingredients(salt,turmeric powder,coriander powder,cumin powder,red chili powder) except garam masala,amchoor powder and mix well.Cover with a lid and cook on medium flame.Stir the okras occasionally.
5. When okras are about to done add garam masala and amchoor powder and mix.If there is any water remaining cook the okras without the lid.
6. Serve hot bhindi masala with roti/chapati.
Sending this to the event Garnish The Dish by Nithya and Pavithra.