Kaju Katli is a very famous sweet(similar to barfi) which is made of kaju/cashews,sugar.Its a big HIT in my family.My DH and DS both have sweet tooth so they ask me to make something sweet time to time.I find this katli very easy to make and it takes very few ingredients.You don't need any milk,ghee which is very common in most of the Indian sweets.So next time if you have craving for something sweet try it and am sure you gonna love it.
Kaju/Cashews 2 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Water 1/2 cup
Green Cardamom pw 1/4 tsp
1. Grind cashews in a mixer to make its powder(don't worry if its a little rough not fine).Don't add water while grinding.
2. Take sugar and water in a pan and heat it to make sugar-syrup of one thread(heat for 5 minutes after it reached to boiling point).
3. Remove from heat and mix in it the cashew powder,cardamom powder and mix properly so that there will be no lumps.
4. Let it cool down.
5. Now spread it on a greased surface and roll it with a rolling pin to desired thickness.To avoid sticking place cling wrap on top of cashew mixture and then roll.
6. Cut it in desired shape when its almost set/dry.
Note: If you are making it for a special occasion then put some silver foil(edible) on it and it'll look great.
Sending this to the event EFM-Sweet and Savories For Diwali by Srishkitchen.