Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thai Red Chicken Curry


First of all I would like to wish you all a very happy new year 2011.Recently I started cooking Thai food and this is my very first Thai recipe. I enjoyed it with fried rice and the combo is just superb.The recipe is very easy to follow and takes just few minutes to cook.

Ingredients

Thai Red Curry Paste(Store brought) 2 tbsp
Coconut milk 1 can(12 oz)
Chicken breast 2
Veggies 2-3 cups
Brown Sugar 1 tbsp
Fish Sauce 2 tbsp
Basil Leaves 8-10
Oil 2 tbsp

Method

1. Cut chicken into small strips/pieces.

2. Heat oil in a pan and add the chicken pieces in it.Cook till the chicken is cooked.Add the veggies and cook them for 1-2 minutes.I used snap peas,carrots,bamboo shoot(canned),broccoli,mushrooms.

3. Now add coconut milk,curry paste and mix thoroughly.Let it cook for 5 minutes.

4. At this point add fish sauce,brown sugar,water(1/3 cup) and allow it to simmer for another 2-3 minutes.

5. At last add chopped basil leaves and serve hot with fried rice.

Note: 1. You can also use green peas,beans,baby corns,bell peppers or any other veggie.

2. If you want it more red/hot then add paprika/red chili powder accordingly.

3. Before using snap-peas pull one end of pea and drag across to take the string out.

4. If you don't want to use fish sauce you can always use soy sauce.

5. Instead of chicken you can use shrimps also.For a veg-version use tofu.

9 comments:

  1. thai chicken curry is droolworthy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ur recipe collection & sure to keep dropping by...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow just love these Thai dishes..looks yummyyyy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. delicious curry yummy flavours
    following you

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby also does the same recipe, so good. Can u post recipe for thai chicken basil fried rice. I tried it once but did;nt come up well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good day!
    I'm looking for any contact details (email, phone number or mail address)of the website owner or marketing person that I can communicate with for possible business venture on website income opportunities. We are very much interested to do business with you. Please send me an email together with your website name and I'll be glad to call you to discuss this matter.
    Thank you

    minasol@yourmediaguru.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post. This is the nice post and gives in-depth information. I like to read this post because I met so many new facts about it actually.

    ReplyDelete