Mushroom is always a hit in my family so I was looking for some interesting recipes which I can make with mushrooms.Recently I got a cook book by Meena Pathak from library and I found this mushroom-spinach sabzi recipe there.I tried it a couple of times and it turns out superb.I really like the combo.It tastes great and can be served with roti/chapati/paratha.
Mushroom (button) 9 ounces
Spinach 2 1/4 pound
Onion 1 cup chopped
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Kasoori Methi 1 tsp
Cream 1-2 tbsp
Green Chili 1-2
Garam Masala 1/2 tsp
Ginger- 1 inch piece
Turmeric pw 1/2 tsp
Oil 3 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a kadhayi/pan and add the cumin seeds.Let the seeds crackle.
2. Add chopper ginger,garlic,green chili,onion and fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Now add turmeric powder,mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add chopped spinach,salt and cook over high heat till all the water evaporates.
5. Add kasoori methi,cream and garam masala and give it a stir.