Wow, its been a year when I started my blog.Thanks to all my readers, followers and friends for their constant support and wishes to make this happen.I started this blog with vanilla sponge cake recipe(which I made on my DS's birthday) and completing 1 year with another cake(pineapple upside down).Hope you all enjoy the recipe as we enjoyed it.
All Purpose Flour/Maida 1 1/2 cup + little extra for dusting the pan
Brown Sugar 3/4 cup
Sugar 1 1/4 cup
Milk 3/4 cup
Unsalted Butter(softened) 1/2 cup
Unsalted Butter(melted) 1/4 cup+ little extra for the pan
Salt 1 pinch
Vanilla Essence 1 tsp
Baking Powder 1 1/2 tsp
Pineapple Slices 1 can
Cherries 1 jar
For Pineapple butter-cream Frosting
Unsalted Butter(softened) 1/4 cup
Pineapple Juice 1 tbsp
Confectioner Sugar 1 1/2 cup
1. Sift together all purpose flour,salt,baking powder so that there are no lumps.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare the baking pan by applying little butter to grease the surface and then lightly dust it with flour.
3. Beat butter with sugar in a big bowl till it becomes fluffy and smooth.Add the eggs 1 at a time and beat well after addition of each egg.Stir in vanilla essence.
4. Now add the flour mixture and milk to this one by one starting and ending with flour.
5. Arrange the brown sugar evenly on the bottom of the pan and pour the melted butter over it.Now arrange the pineapples slices and cherries on it.
6. Next pour the batter over it and bake it in the oven for about 40-45 minutes.Check for the completion with a wooden pick( if the pick comes out clean at the center means it is done).Take it out and let it cool down.
7. Take the cake in a plate with pineapple-cherries side up.
8. To make the frosting beat together all frosting ingredients.Apply it over and all sides of the cake.
Note: You can also use fruits(pineapple,cherries) or chopped pecans for decoration.
Sending this as my entry to the event "Bread Mania" by Aathidhyam.