Dum Aloo is a very famous north Indian recipe where small/baby potatoes are cooked under dum(pressure).This recipe belongs to Awadhi cusine.So enjoy this creamy potato gravy with naan,roti,chapati or even with parathas.
Aloo/Potato(small size) 5-6
Onion 1 Small
Tomato Puree 2 tbsp
Ginger-garlic paste 2 tsp
Yogurt 2 tbsp
Cream 2-3 tbsp
Turmeric pw 1/2 tsp
Corriander pw 1 tbsp
Red chili pw 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala 1/2 tsp
Chasewnut pw 1 tbsp
Kasoori Methi/Dry Fenugreek Leaves 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying + 2 tbsp
1. Take the potatoes and peel them.Cut into halves if they are not very small otherwise leave them whole.Wash and dry them completely.Prick the potatoes with a fork.
2. Heat oil in a kadhayi/pan and deep fry these potatoes till they are golden in colour.Take out of oil and place them on kitchen paper towel to absorb the extra oil.
3. Now heat 2 tablespoon oil in a kadhayi/pan and add finely chopped onions in it till golden in colour.Add ginger-garlic paste and again fry for 1-2 minutes.
4. At this point add tomato puree and all the spices(turmeric powder,red chili powder,coriander powder) except garam masala and fry it for a minute(if required add little water).
5. Now add yogurt and keep stirring.Add deep fried potatoes,salt,cashewnut powder and water to make gravy.Let it simmer for 5-6 minutes.Add garam masala and mix it.
6. Finally add kasoori methi and cream and serve hot with naan/roti/parathas.
Sending this to the event EFM Theme- Parathas and Curries/Gravies.