Long time back I had this methi matar malai at my friend's house.Since then I always wanted to try this but never get chance.So this time when I opened my fridge and all the ingredients were there I decided to finally give it a try.In this recipe methi(fenugreek) leaves are cooked with green peas and cream.
Methi/Fenugreek Leaves 1 bunch
Green Peas 1 cup
Onion 1 small
Ginger 1/2 inch
Tomato Puree 1 tbsp
Heavy Whipping Cream 1/2 cup
Oil 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Turmeric pw 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala 1/2 tsp
Corriander pw 1 tsp
Red Chili pw 1 tsp
1. Remove stems from methi leaves.Wash properly then chop them.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.Let the seeds crackle then add chopped onions.Fry them for a minute.
3. Add grated ginger and cook till the onions are golden in colour.
4. Now add tomato puree,salt,coriander powder,turmeric powder,garam masala,red chili powder and cook till the masalas leave the oil.
5. Add peas and cover cook them for 2-3 minutes.
6. At this point add methi leaves,little salt and mix all the ingredients well.Cover it to cook for 5-6 minutes till the veggies are cooked.
7. Add cream and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
8. Serve hot with naan/chapati/poori.