Monday, June 21, 2010
Here comes another recipe to beat the heat.Kulfi is very popular Indian ice-cream which is made of milk.Milk is heated and reduced then mixed with dry fruits/nuts.After that it is allowed to freeze.Kulfi falooda,kesar-pista kulfi,matka kulfi,malai kulfi are some of the most common flavours in India.
Milk 5 cup
Condensed Milk 1/2 cup
Sugar(powdered) as per taste
Corn Flour 1 tsp
Green Cardamom pw 1/2 tsp
Coconut(grated) 2 tbsp
1. Take milk in a heavy bottom pan and heat it on medium-high flame.Add the condensed milk when it becomes to boil.Now keep stirring with a laddle.Make a paste of corn flour in cold milk and pour it into the hot milk.Reduce it till it becomes almost 1/2 of the original amount.Remove it from heat.
2. Add sugar,chopped almonds,pistachios,grated coconut,cardamom powder and mix all the ingredients.
3. Let it cool down then pour this mixture into ice-cream moulds and allow it to freeze for 6 hours.
4. Take out of freezer and put the moulds in water.It will help the kulfi to come out of the moulds easily.
Monday, June 7, 2010
Summer brings up lots of bbq/pool parties,outings and we always look for something cool and soothing to beat up the heat.Market is full of veggies and fruits so it's the best time to utilise them for beverages.Here comes a smoothie from my kitchen which has load of fruits.Try this and am sure you and your loved ones will love this just like my family.
Almonds Blanched 5-10
Honey 1 tbsp
Milk 1 cup
Yogurt(plain) 2 tbsp
Strawberry Preserve 1 tbsp
1. Roughly chop the fruits and put them in a blender.Blend them together with milk and almonds till smooth.
2. Add yogurt,strawberry preserve,honey and blend again.
3. Finally add crushed ice and blend again.Serve chill.
Sending this to the following events
'Show Me Your Smoothie' by Dil Se
Sizzling Summer Contest by Spicy Tasty.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
I was introduced to Asparagus some months back in a cookery show on tv.When I googled about this veggie I found out that it is one of the most nutritionally well balanced veggie which is high in folic acid.It is low in calories,contains no fat or cholesterol and a good source of fiber ,potassium,vitamin B6.So thought to include it in my meal and made this asparagus sabzi.The original recipe can be found here.