Monday, June 22, 2009

Coleslaw


I often get coleslaw from KFC and my son and hubby like it very much.So this time I thought of making it at home.I am using cabbage and carrot here but there are many variations of it.You can also add red cabbage,grated cheese,pineapple,celery or apple.A variety of seasonings may be added.The dressing is usually allowed to settled on the blended ingredients for several hours before being served.

Ingredients
Cabbage 1/2
Carrot 1
Raisins 2 tbsp
Mayonnaise 1/2 cup
White Vinegar 1/4 cup
Honey 2 tsp
Sea salt 1/2 tsp

Method
1. Cut the cabbage and carrot very fine or just grate them.
2. Now take a bowl and mix all other ingredients.
3. Finally add this dressing on veggies and toss it.
4. Chill it in refrigerator before serving.

I am sending this recipe to Cooking for kids-Leafy Greens guest hosted by Pavani,event originally started by Sharmi.

1 comment: